Resources – Elections
Working Together for New Jersey coalitions
Presented below are links to many election-related Resources. Please feel free to explore or share. Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Working Together for New Jersey.
PUBLIC RESOURCE LINKS:
- U.S. Constitution
- Declaration of Independence
- NJ Constitution, 1947
- NJ Governor & “Exec. Orders“
- NJ Legislature & bills
- NJ Judiciary
- Elections Officials – by county
- NJ Division of Elections website
- NJ Voter Information Portal
- NJ Sec’y of State Election Archives
- Census: NJ 2022 Redistricting
- Census: NJ 2022 Quick Facts
- NJ State Data Center, census
OTHER RESOURCE LINKS:
- JustFacts.com – trusted fact checker
- Partisan: NJ Republican Party
- Partisan: NJ Democrats
- Federal Criminal Penalties, Voter Fraud
LEARNING FROM RESOURCES
The term “citizen” was coined from Aristotle, during the times of the flourishing Greek city-states. He sought a term to describe those individuals who ENGAGED in daily debate over the policies which would govern their activities and decisions. These individuals were to be found, regularly, in the public Forum, participating in the debate – not standing in the shadows. As a result, their ideas became woven into the policy decisions.
So: by Aristotle’s definition, are YOU a CITIZEN?
- LEARN. This page has beginning resources to help you explore and learn about “elections” law, rules, procedures, hierarchy
- In the American political system, ELECTIONS play a HUGE (yet not exclusive) role in what will become public policy and Law.
- YOU play a critical role in setting public policy, whether you intend to or NOT. “Not to Speak IS to Speak.” – Dietrich Bobhoeffer
- Falsehoods have been promulgated to mislead the American People for generations, through such devices as the totally evil adage that “We should not discuss Religion or Politics in public.” Just think about it: what two subjects more influence Life than any others? What better means to “dumb down” the People than to have them stop discussing, debating, challenging one another about the ideas, philosophy and the implications of public policy and the foundational guidance of The Creator of all life?